Open Start Menu > Search "VPN" > Click Change virtual private networks (VPN)
From the VPN settings page, click Add a VPN connection.
In the Add a VPN connection dialog:
- VPN provider: Set to Windows (built-in)
- Connection name: This can be anything you want to name this connection, for example, "Work VPN."
- Server name or address: Enter the hostname (e.g. .com) or the active WAN IP (e.g. XXX.XXX.XXX). Hostname is encouraged instead of active WAN IP because it is more reliable in cases of WAN failover. Admin can find them in Dashboard, under Security appliance > Monitor > Appliance status.
- VPN type: Select L2TP/IPsec with pre-shared key
- User name and Password: optional
After the VPN connection has been created, click Change adapter options under Related settings.
Right-click on the VPN Connection from the list of adapters and click Properties.
In Advanced Properties dialog box, choose "Use preshared key for authentication" and enter the pre-shared key that admin created in Security appliance > Configure > Client VPN settings.
Back at the Network Connections window, right-click on the VPN connection and click Connect / Disconnect.
Find your VPN profile and click Connect.